Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Saga of Sheldon


First of all, I owe you an apology: I know it's been a while since my last post, but with the wedding a mere 10 days away, I've been otherwise occupied. Witness the Pug assessing a mountain of wedding gifts that arrived just the other night.

My fiance's absolutely adorable niece Hana is going to be our little flower girl, and instead of buying her a gift in some toy store, I decided that I'd make her a little friend. That friend is Sheldon the Turtle. He's a darling creature dreamed up by Ruth Homrighaus, and I found her pattern for him on my fave site, Knitty. Sheldon knit up fairly quickly, but he had humble beginnings; check out his little turtle butt on my size 3 dpns.

A day or two later, Sheldon developed into a tadpole. I'll bet you didn't know turtles did that, huh??


And about a week after that, Sheldon reached full maturity as my assistant. Here he is helping me out in the office.


I did make some modifications to Ruth's original pattern for the shell attachment panel. I found that the panel which resulted from her pattern was a wee bit too snug. Email me if you're interested in working from my modified pattern.

More to come later. Perhaps much later... After we've recovered from wedding madness!

No comments: