Monday, June 9, 2008

Bizarre Love Triangle

As you may recall from a previous post, Benjamin began a whirlwind romance with older woman Lucy at the tender age of four weeks. Their puppy love blossomed unhindered until the untimely appearance of a rival suitor - Gabriel. At nearly six months of age, Gabriel has proven to be a formidable opponent. But if there is one thing that Benjamin has learned from the hours of E! Entertainment television he has watched with his mother, it's that May-December romances are all the rage right now (HELLO - Ashton and Demi, anyone??), so he's not about to go down without a fight.

On Saturday, he invited Gabriel to meet him at Santa Monica Beach for a mano-a-mano talk. Unfortunately, they didn't get very far before things got ugly.


Gabriel: You see these keys, Benjamin? They are the keys to Lucy's heart. Accept that your time with her is over!

Benjamin: Nice try, Gabriel, but I saw Lucy first. If you have any honor, you'll respect that. Back off!

Gabriel: I see that talking is getting us nowhere. Well, we may be on your turf, but I have superior hand-grasping skills, so watch as I steal your socks!!

It only distentegrated from there.

When we got home that afternoon, I was prepared to give Benjamin a pep talk. You know... Assure him that soon, he'd have the same ability to sit up unassisted that Lucy might be attracted to in Gabriel. As I was about to start my speech, though, something fell out of Benjamin's diaper bag.

Gabriel's sock! Benjamin claimed that he had no idea how it had found it's way into his belongings, but I have my suspicions. Perhaps I'd underestimated his cunning all along!

2 comments:

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

Boys, boys..please let's not resort to stealing socks! Lucy loves you both---Gabriel for his sitting up ability and Benjamin because he and Lucy have a long friendship and he lets her pull his hair!

Debbie Kee said...

Man - I wish I had a Benjamin and a Gabriel tearing each other's socks off for ME! Must be nice, Lucy!