Friday, February 20, 2009

Big MAC

This August, I will be matron-of-honor at the wedding of my dear friends Deb and George. Since beginning her wedding planning, Deb has proven herself to be the coolest bride on the planet. She's chosen figure-friendly, tasteful, and inexpensive bridesmaids' dresses for her bridesmaids to wear. She's open to the idea of our wearing flat shoes beneath our Grecian gowns. And just when I thought that she couldn't be any cooler, I find out that MAC artists will be doing our wedding makeup at the MAC Corporate headquarters where Deb works. I've died and gone to Bridesmaid Heaven.

Yesterday, Benjamin and I paid a lunchtime visit to Deb and Jeni, co-maid-of-honor, at their office. We picked up lunch and then they took me to one of their training rooms to eat. When I walked in, I almost fainted. Screw Bridesmaid Heaven: this was HEAVEN Heaven. Every MAC Product on the market was laid out for the trainers' and trainees' use. Just looking around at all the preeeetty colors was enough to make me break out in goosebumps.

Even though he was surrounded by oodles of makeup, Benjamin still managed to have a good time. He sat like a little king on one of the makeup chairs, and when that got old, he practiced walking by pushing a chair back and forth across the room.

It's going to be great to hang out and get glammed up with the girls on Deb's big day. And it's a good thing that she's having MAC pros do our makeup, because after nearly a year of almost never wearing makeup, I think I've forgotten how to apply it. Left to my own devices among all those magic potions and powders, I might wind up looking like this:

No comments: