Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Family is the Best Medicine

Each night before bedtime, Benjamin gets a bath. If Vince gets home in time, he helps me to undress Benjamin and take him to pee before we put him in the tub, but often Benjamin is so excited to see Daddy that he doesn't want to pee and wants to play instead. When this happens, we try to distract him long enough to do his business. We do this by giving him something to hold in his hands. I usually give Benjamin a plastic clothes hanger to play with because it's waterproof, it's babysafe, and it's too large to fit into the space between his legs and the potty. Last night, Vince decided to give Benjamin his iPhone. You can see where this is going, right? Benjamin promptly dropped the iPhone into his potty- and then peed on it. I swear I'm not making this up. I managed to get some pictures of Benjamin trying to grab the iPhone back from Vince after he rescued it from its watery grave, but I didn't get any pictures of the dripping phone itself because I was too busy rolling on the ground in laughter.

Vince didn't find the whole mess nearly as amusing as I did, but he wasn't angry for long. After all, how can you stay mad at this little face?

No comments: