Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Look Who's Walking: Part 2

Remember that post in which I described the exciting moment Benjamin started walking? Yeeeah, I didn't realize that at the time, but what he was doing wasn't really walking. It was more like stepping. In the nearly two months since I wrote that post, he'd been taking a step here, a step there, maybe two or three little steps in a row, which amounts to a whole lot of stumbling around, but no real walking. Also, the steps had to be coaxed out of him with great effort, cajoling, and bribery on my part.

Well, now there is no doubt about it: Benjamin really is walking. Sure, his movements may have the hesitant, staggering qualities of a drunkard's, but they're deliberate and purposeful enough to get him from Point A to Point B, and that, my friends, is WALKING!

No comments: