Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Non-Stop November: Part 1

I've been a slacker when it comes to posting on this blog lately. I'd been consistently writing about every painfully minute detail of my life to the tune of two or three posts a week, but it's been over a week since my last post. The reason why I haven't been able to maintain my usual level of virtual verbal diarrhea is because the month of November is nuts for me. NUTS! We know about a dozen people who were born in November (yours truly included!), which means that there are a dozen birthdays to celebrate. Add to that the fact that holiday madness starts Thanksgiving weekend, and the result is that I've had no time to do anything - include clean my house, take a shower or write.
.
In the midst of all the madness, we still managed to fit in time to go to playdates. We kicked off the November craziness by meeting up in Ozone Park for a playdate with other families from our preschool.
. Calliope was still too little to play on the equipment, but Benjamin's classmate James kept her company on the sidelines.
.Not wanting to make her feel left out, I made sure that to take Calliope to playdates that she could participate in, too. One of the days her brother was in school, we met her friend Travis for a magic show at the local mall. I personally found the magician to be a bit odd...
.

...but Calliope and Travis didn't seem to mind him one bit!
.
We enjoyed hanging out in our fair hamlet of Playa Vista, too. One balmy Sunday afternoon, we met our friends the Lais and the Keefers at what I like to call the "Body Jewelry Playground."
.
And there's that James with Calliope again! Hmmm... Two sightings together in a single blog post. I wonder if I need to keep an eye on these two. I'm sure you're thinking that Calliope is a little too young to be getting into boy trouble, and you're probably right. After all, I was at least ten or eleven before my parents started worrying about me.
.
Stay tuned for more on our Non-Stop November!

No comments: