Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard

Last week, Julie and I met for lunch at GM (Ghetto Mall, AKA Westfield Culver City, FKA Fox Hills Mall). Afterwards, as we were walking through the mall's main atrium, we spotted a strange sight and this conversation ensued...

Julie: What's that?
Lily: What?
J: That. (Points.) It's a stage.
L: I think it's something for that new Simon Cowell show.
J: You should sing!
L: What? NO
J: GET UP THERE
L: Ok, twist my arm. .

So I don't know if that's exactly how the convo went, but it was something close to it. It had been years since I sang to strangers, and much has changed since then. But one thing has remained the same: my inability to say "no" to a mic and an audience.


This was a far cry from the last time I was filmed singing onstage:



Like I said, a lot's changed!

5 comments:

Debbie Kee said...

You are SO getting a call from Simon Cowell!! You better start lining up babysitters...:) :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but this wasn't an audition; it was just a publicity stunt to generate buzz for the show! I didn't actually go to the audition because it was on the following Sunday at the same time as Boo's hip hop performance. Besides, why would I want to give up my glamourous life as a SAHM for a shot at fame? ;)

Renee said...

Well at least you can say it was the cutest audience you ever sang for, even if she was munching on her shoe. ;)

Yvonne said...

You were so good, you made the audience chew on their shoes!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

That was awesome. I'm a fan!