Tuesday, May 10, 2011

She Wore An Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Little Ruffled Pink Bikini

Now that the weather has gotten warmer, we've been hitting the pool. Benjamin has never been a big fan of the water, but Calliope is a different story. As soon as we arrived, she behaved as though the cabana was her runway. It started with her walk from the lounge chairs to the poolside.


Or should I say it started with her STRUT from the lounge chairs to the poolside? She may have learned to walk only weeks before, but she was working it with every step after chubby step. As my friend Lisa said, she was very proud of her "convex exposed belly." Then as soon as she had a chance to test the waters, she began jumping from the side of the pool into my arms. Sometimes she'd miss and inevitably bob below the surface of the water, which totally freaked me out, but as soon as I grabbed her and lifted her up, I'd see that she was giggling. My goodness... Only 14 months and already scaring the sh*t out of me.


When she wasn't busy trying to give her mommy a heart attack, Calliope sat on the steps with Benjamin where they enjoyed splashing and kicking at the water.


We had such a great time that we went back again the next day. If you think that Calliope's bikini looks a little, er... small, you're not imagining things. It's the same suit she wore to the pool a year ago when she was just a few months old.


I, too, had to don an old bathing suit, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before you see a picture of that!

No comments: