Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long Time No Blog

Yes, yes, yes, I know it's been a while since my last new post, but there has just been too much going on lately! Here are some of the things that have happened within the last five days:
  1. We celebrated Nolan's first birthday;
  2. Benjamin reached cruising speeds of 3 mph;
  3. Benjamin figured out how to climb stairs;
  4. I reconnected with two friends whom I hadn't seen in fifteen years;
  5. Benjamin got his first cold;
  6. We made a few trips to the doctor's office;
  7. Benjamin started pulling up on everything in sight in an attempt to walk/break his neck/scare the living crap out of me;
  8. I chopped all of my hair off; and
  9. Vince got Benjamin's cold.

As you can probably guess, #2, #3, and #7 have kept me the busiest. And as a result of #5, Benjamin hasn't been sleeping very well at night, napping much at all during the day, or going in his potty consistently. On the flip side, #8 has actually been a timesaver, but I would have eventually pulled out all of my hair anyway dealing with #9. Men can be such babies.

I'll expound on some of the above in a later post, but for now I think the following clip will sum up my past week quite nicely:

It's a sample of the bedlam that has overtaken my home: a half-naked baby cruising past the makeshift barricade (and against a backdrop of utter chaos) I had futilely erected to keep him out of the kitchen while I was cooking dinner to say "hi" to Daddy. But that little smile at the end of the video? Yeah... That makes it all worth it. :)

2 comments:

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

What a wonderful greeting to get! And he is a little speed demon!

And by chopping off, does that mean you'll be the mommy at the playground with the buzzcut? Cool!

Debbie Kee said...

I can't stop watching this episode of "Ba-ba's home! Ba-ba's home!" So insanely adorable!!!