Monday, December 21, 2009

Scary Old Saint Nick Part 2

Last week, my friend Heather was having a few moms and tots over to her place to meet with a friendly Santa she knew. Like any parent swept up in holiday cheer, I wanted a picture of Benjamin sitting happily on Santa's lap. Well, at this point, I would have settled for just plain sitting. Despite having had two failed attempts at capturing this Hallmark moment, I figured the third time would be the charm.
.
Boy, was I wrong! Benjamin's reaction to Santa was even more instant than the last two times. As soon as he entered, Benjamin ran screaming to me...
.
...and took refuge in his new favorite hiding place under my belly.
.
And it didn't get any better over time. Just as soon he would start to calm down, he'd spot Santa and start bawling again.
.
Unfortunately, there were three witnesses to his theatrics - Pedro, Claire, and Adelyn. Judging from the looks on their faces, one can only imagine what they were thinking.
.

1 comment:

Aide Morales said...

Lily, I love your blog, your writing is witty and highly entertaining. You can take a bit of solace in knowing Pedro wasnt too fond of the big guy in the red suite either, luckily for me, and him, a little sugar calmed him down.
Have a great Xmas with your familia.

Liliana