Monday, August 9, 2010

Defying Gravity

During my last pregnancy, people would comment on how unique Benjamin's hair was and ask me whether or not I had any exciting hairdos in mind for Calliope. The answer was that I did not. Yes, I did want my daughter to have just as distinctive (and low maintenance) of a coif as her brother, but I had no intention of mohawk-ing her head. I just didn't know what the little girl equivalent of a mohawk would be. It turns out that I needn't have worried, because Calliope's hair has kind of developed its own distinct style: it is very, very spiky. Yes, I am aware that most babies have pretty spiky, unruly hair, but come on, this is ridiculous -
.
Her hair makes her look like a chubby little peacock!
.
Her hair wasn't always so spiky. In the months after she was born, it was pretty short, and it laid flat. But somewhere around four months of age, it decided to stand up and be seen! To defy gravity! To fight for its right to party! To-- You get it. Anyway, I don't know why Calliope's hair is so darned spiky. Maybe she was inspired in utero by my Halloween costume:
.
Either that, or using excessive amounts of hairspray affects fetal hair development!

No comments: