Thursday, October 16, 2008

Moms Gone Wild!!

Last weekend I got to revisit my old life. No, I did not take to the stage at the Viper Room brandishing a microphone and a shot of tequila, nor did I pay a visit my favorite tattoo studio. What I did do was even better - I got to go to two social events - TWO of 'em! - where there were grown-ups and NO children present! Friday night was my buddy Nancy's birthday party at a local bowling alley. Turns out I wasn't the only Mom who was in dire need of some grown-up time. Fellow Mom Tara was also kid-free that night, and she took the opportunity to show me her best dance moves. I hate to disappoint you, but that was about as wild as it got. The only other wild thing that happened was that I had a glass of wine. And about ten barbeque chicken wings. And three fried mozzarella sticks. And half a basket of chili cheese fries. Geez, maybe it would have been better if I'd just gotten plastered.

The next night, Vince and I got all gussied up for his fraternity's 40th anniversary dinner. Not only did I get to wear lipstick for the second night in the row, but I also got to put on a dress AND high heels, too! Vince didn't get to wear lipstick, a dress, or high heels, but he did have the honor of carrying my breast pump with him into the restaurant. Luckily, none of his fraternity bros asked him what it was. Maybe they just thought it was more beer.

On Sunday, we took things down a notch and got back to basics, which meant getting back to baby. We spent the day chilling with our favorite be-mohawked dude in the world, and then that evening, we headed to my inlaws' place to celebrate my sister-in-law Leslie's birthday.

If there's anything I've learned from this weekend, it's that seven and a half months of parenthood have turned us into wusses. We may have had a good time yukking it up with grown-ups out on the town, but we found that nothing compared to hanging out with the tiny person waiting for us at home.

1 comment:

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

You sure do clean up nice Lily! But I think I like you best when you're sitting at the park or our Starbucks, with a rattle in your hand!