Monday, February 8, 2010

Seeing Double

With the birth of Baby C just around the corner, we decided it was time to upgrade our ride. Well, to upgrade Benjamin's ride. As much I loved my City Mini single stroller, I knew that having a toddler and a baby at the same time meant that I - and my back - would be better served with a double.
.
Due to the fact that Benjamin and his best bud Nolan were inseperable, I'd already had a chance to see a few "doubles" transport options in action:
.
As cute as these options were to behold, none of them quite did the trick. I needed something leaner. Something less bulky. Something specifically designed for two kids that didn't run the risk of one inadvertently being flung with a quick turn or stop. And that's where the Phil and Ted's double stroller came in.
.
The Phil and Ted's line features a new breed of stroller- a double stroller with the footprint of a single. The side-by-side double strollers we'd tried were just too cumbersome. And being the clutterphobes that Vince and I are, we didn't want to deal with storing both a double and a single stroller. So I sold my beloved City Mini and ordered a Phil and Ted's V2 sport double stroller in basic black.
.As soon as it arrived, the men in the family got to work putting it together. The stroller came with a free bassinet attachment, which Benjamin claimed for himself by way of having an accident while sitting inside it. Well, I assumed it was an accident, but Vince claimed he was marking his territory.
.
We took our new double stroller out for a test drive with - who else - Nolan. He enjoyed sitting in it so much that Julie - who is due with her second baby in July - went ahead and ordered the exact same stroller! After it arrived, and I cruised over to her place with my own Phil and Ted's for a walk. I thought it would be adorable to push Nolan and Benjamin around in their matching strollers, but they had something else in mind. Much to our amusement, we discovered that the boys still preferred to cram themselves into just one of the strollers.
.
I suppose we'll be putting the two newborns in the other one!

No comments: