Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Divine Miss C

Since bringing her home, I've wanted to take close-up shots of Calliope's face similar to the ones I took of Benjamin when he was a newborn. As you may have noticed, that hasn't happened. I know what you're thinking: I'm suffering from N.P.S.C.S. (No Pictures of the Second Child Syndrome). I assure you that I'm not! The reason why you haven't seen any close-ups of Calliope's mug is because when I put her down to take a picture, she tends to give me just one look:
.
Miss Thang likes to be held, rocked, worn in a sling, or placed in a swing. This doesn't explain why she detests her car seat and stroller, but that's a subject for another post. Anyway, Calliope is not fond of laying quietly in her crib for extended periods of time. On the occasions when she is in the crib awake and content, I have to stay out of her sight, because the moment she sees me, she-- Well, take another look at the above.
.
In order to capture some pictures of a happy, awake Calliope, I decided to place her in one of the environments in which she's most comfortable - her swing.
.
Not bad, eh? I think I may even see a bit of a smile in a few of those pics! I also got a few pictures of her laying prone on her tummy:
.
I tried turning her over to get some less smooshed pictures of her face, but...
.
...no such luck. Oh, well.
.
To calm her down, I put a screaming Calliope where I knew she'd be happy - bundled up against my chest in a baby carrier. As she mellowed out, I made one last attempt to capture those much-wanted close-up head shots. I pretzelled (pretzeled?) my head back, stuck the camera way up in the air and snapped:
.
Much better! But before I could take any more pictures...
.
Nighty-night!

No comments: