Saturday, September 20, 2008

"He's a MANIAC! MAAAAAAY-NEE-ACK!"

Yes, you are seeing correctly. Those are my baby boy's legs and feet encased in legwarmers. Ah, legwarmers... provenance of Jane Fonda and Jennifer Beals circa 1983. Before you rush to judgement, let me tell you that there is a very good reason for why my baby boy is sporting such girly gear. As I mentioned in a recent post, Benjamin and I just started practicing infant potty training. Sometimes, there are only moments between the time he cues me and the time the show hits the road, so wasting crucial seconds trying to wrestle pants off of Benjamin's burgeoning bottom is not an option. So now you know. And knowing is half the battle. (Are we feeling the 80's love, people?)

The other half of the battle is convincing my husband that the legwarmers do serve a real purpose. Judging from the look on his face, he'd rather see his son freeze than see him run around in dance gear. My feeble suggestion that he could think of Benjamin as being a hip, metrosexual baby didn't really fly, either.

Further compounding the problem is the fact that I've only been able to find legwarmers for baby girls. I can't for the life of me imagine why! So since I believe that Benjamin should have a variety of legwarmer options on his road to Pottydom, I've taken it upon myself to knit him some more manly-looking ones. As they say, variety is the spice of life.

Going along with the 80's theme of this post, I'd like to point out that that is, indeed, Vanna White on the wrapper. Apparently, she has her own line of yarn. Who knew?