Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lying Piece of Shirt!

Walk into any baby store, and a vast array of slogan-bearing clothing greets you. They range from predictable ("Cutie Pie," "Here Comes Trouble") to more progressive ("Protect My Earth," "Future Democrat") to downright questionable ("Diva in Training," "Future Republican"). Ahem.

I couldn't resist buying several of these shirts and onesies, some of which have turned out to be more fitting than others. One t-shirt which hasn't gotten much use proclaims "Grandpa and I have the same hair." This was never true, and especially not now. On the flip side, there are the shirts which, for better or for worse, are completely true...
.
Then there are the shirts that true only some of the time...

And the ones that could be true or false, depending on who you ask...

Finally, there is the shirt with the only slogan that matters to me, because it's a slogan I try to live up to every day...
.

As long as the tiny wearer of this shirt believes what's printed on it, then I've done my job.

3 comments:

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

You do rock Lily!

And seriously, that smile? Adorable!

Unknown said...

Hey, I gave him that shirt!! I feel insanely gratified right now! And of course you rock...no question :)

Debbie Kee said...

Oh boy. Now Auntie Pop's more inspired to buy more clothes for the Boo! I was so concerned about color and style - I forgot about the message. Yes - you DO rock.. and I gotta say - He's pretty much up there with Pug when it comes to cuteness! :)